Advancements in headlight technology, including HID, LED and even laser-based sources, combined with curve-adaptive and high-beam assist technology require precise and repeatable measurement systems to ensure regulatory and safety compliance.
Measurement and comparison of glare and illuminance parameters requires a controlled test environment that considers illuminance as a function of distance, but also accounts for vehicle pitch angle, headlight height and road curvature.
The Illumina TrampTM system from Gamma Scientific combines multiple sensors with data acquisition and GPS information to provide highly accurate and repeatable information which feeds directly into IIHS analytical applications to ensure accurate, repeatable and highly reliable lighting information.
• Illuminance and Glare Versus Distance
• Accurately Measures Pulse Width Modulated LED Sources
• Real-time Data Collection via Wi-Fi or Ethernet
• Matched Cosine Response up to 25 Degrees
• GPS Time Synchronization at 200 Hz
• cRIO Data Acquisition System Software
• 16-bit A/D Conversion Modules